Wednesday, August 27, 2014

DIY area rug tutorial

 *OurFirstHome*


 I found a neat way to design and make your own area rug with just a handful of supplies and costed me under $20 for a nice area rug for my dining room. Heck yes. I found a diy area rug tutorial on Pinterest, loved the idea and went with it. 

You'll need : 
Painters drop cloth $12 
(I purchased a 9x12 which was huge and winded up only using half. Also a 6x9) 
Painters tape $5
Iron 

I started by ironing out the drop cloth to rid any wrinkles. 

Next I taped off my design. I kept it simple with some vertical stripes alternating colors. You can do countless designs with tape or even stencils! 
After that I started painting using some paint I had left over from my accent walls :) 


Once I finished I let dry and placed a drop cloth slip grip underneath and then that's it ! Very simple in expensive way to add flair to a room without spending hundreds on a big rug :) 

Here are some shots of my dining room. My dining table was given to me by my grandmaw and it's been handed down through the generations. Needs a little updating so my next diy will be a tutorial on reupholstering the chairs ! :) stay tuned! 








No comments:

Post a Comment