Sunday, September 7, 2014

When I say I'm a christian #dailydevo#morningdevotional

This mornings devotional is an important one to me. In the past, I have made mistakes and set a bad example for myself. I am not embarrassed to admit that I fail in my Christianity from time to time. I do stumble and regret some things I have done.  I do drink here and there and have gotten a little out of hand. but at the end of the day I'm human. I live. I learn. And I'm still learning. I will continue to pray and share my love for God. :) 
Jesus said in John 3:17, "For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved."
We must remember when we point a finger at the sins of others that we have three fingers pointing back at us. We should not let pride or "that" attitude blind us from being reminded each day what the grace of God has done for us. It's not uncommon to get into rough times when we shift our focus from God and chase after worldly pursuits. It is important as a Christian to always seek God's leading through the Holy Spirit within you. Not saying that there wont be hard times but at least you have the strength to get through them and remain on the right path. You may make mistakes, you may fail, you may stumble,you may have regrets, but remember. You were created by a forgiving God. 
Don't seek approval or acceptance from anyone, live your life the best you can and keep on keeping on:)  ❤️  

When I say... "I am a Christian"
I'm not shouting "I'm clean livin."
I'm whispering "I was lost,"
Now I'm found and forgiven.

When I say..."I am a Christian"
I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble
and need CHRIST to be my guide.

When I say... "I am a Christian"
I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak
and need HIS strength to carry on.

When I say... "I am a Christian"
I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed
and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... "I am a Christian"
I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible
but, God believes I am worth it.

When I say... "I am a Christian"
I still feel the sting of pain,
I have my share of heartaches
So I call upon His name.

When I say... "I am a Christian"
I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner
who received God's good grace, somehow.

Author ~Maya Angelou~



No comments:

Post a Comment