Wednesday, January 7, 2015

5 ingredient crockpot chicken Parm.>>

*you may want to double the recipe depending on number of people eating my recipe fed 4 people. Well 3 1/2 lol. * if you have any questions comment below! 

Hello folks! 
It has been a while since I posted a recipe that I have tried on my blog. Well, for Christmas one of the gifts that my mother in law got for me was a crockpot! Yes, we did not have a crock pot before, I know your probably thinking "everyone has a crockpot". My first crockpot and today I decided to make my very first crockpot recipe in it! It's a Pinterest recipe I found. She calls it "easy peasy chicken Parmesan" with only 5 ingredients. Seems easy enough right?! 
Usually when I find recipes I always tweak them myself add take substitute certain things to make it healthier for my family so my version is a bit different from the Pinterest recipe version. Anyone who sees my post typically sees I don't ever really use measurements numerically I just explain it through pictures. Lol. If you prefer the Pinterest recipe I have the link below if not, continue on! 





What you'll need: 

Thawed chicken breast (boneless how many ever you'd like. I used 4)

Bread crumbs (we substituted those fo whole wheat ritz crackers) 

Seasonings -(I used Tony's, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper)

Spaghetti sauce (normally I use prego but I just bought a can of the four cheese)

Parmesan and mozzarella cheese 


Thaw your meat out. And have the crock pot on low. (Cooks about 8 hours)

While the meat is thawing, I took about 10 ritz crackers and used a cup to mash them into tiny crumbs. 



Next I added in all my seasonings and the Parmesan. I just added until I thought it was enough about half cup. 




It looks something like this ! 



Next after the chicken is thawed just mix it in the crumbs lay each one in bottom of crockpot and add the sauce on top. 

Have your noodles ready for when the chicken is almost done:) we used the whole wheat penne 




So towards the end I added in some onion, green onions, and bell peppers so that makes it a 8 ingredient dinner but not so bad! Add the mozzarella cheese in too after it cooks and you put it on low after about 5 hours ! 



VOILA !! Sooooo good y'all let me know if y'all try it out at home whether it be my version or the other one and tell me what you thought! 


Love y'all! 
Xoxo
Maranda 


No comments:

Post a Comment